Simge Küçükyavuz is a Professor in the Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences Department at Northwestern University. She is an expert in mixed-integer programming, large-scale optimization and optimization under uncertainty. Her theoretical results and algorithms have been applied to solve complex computational problems across numerous domains, including social networks, computing and energy infrastructure, statistical learning, and humanitarian logistics. Her research has been supported by multiple grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Office of Naval Research (ONR). She is the recipient of the 2011 NSF CAREER Award and a co-winner of the 2015 INFORMS Computing Society (ICS) Prize. She is the Chair of ICS and serves on the editorial boards of Mathematics of Operations Research, Mathematical Programming (B,C), SIAM Journal on Optimization, and MOS-SIAM Optimization Book Series.
Recent News and Events
- Invited semi-plenary speaker at ISMP 2021, the 24th International Symposium on Mathematical Programming, (Aug 15-Aug 20, 2021, Beijing, China) - postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19.
- Our paper, Ideal Formulations for Constrained Convex Optimization Problems with Indicator Variables, is accepted in Mathematical Programming.
- Received NU-INFORMS Graduate Teaching Award for Academic Years 2019-2020, and 2020-2021.
- Our paper, An Exact Cutting Plane Method for k-submodular Function Maximization, is accepted in Discrete Optimization.
- Invited plenary speaker at Modeling and Optimization: Theory and Algorithms, (Aug 2-Aug 4, 2021, Bethlehem, PA).
- Our paper, Joint Chance-Constrained Programs and the Intersection of Mixing Sets through a Submodularity Lens, is accepted in Mathematical Programming.
- Seminar speaker, Statistics and Applied Probability, University of California, Santa Barbara, May 26, 2021.
- Invited speaker at Summer School, The 22nd Conference on
Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization, Georgia Institute of Technology,
May 17-18, 2021, Atlanta, GA. (Slides, Videos: Day 1, Day 2)
- Congratulations to Linchuan Wei for receiving the 2021 Nemhauser Student Paper Prize for our paper.
- Read about the latest developments at the intersection of computing and operations research in our 2021 ICS newsletter.
- Seminar speaker, Engineering Management, Information, and Systems, Southern Methodist University, March 19, 2021.
- Seminar speaker, Mathematics of Data & Decisions, University of California, Davis, February 16, 2021.
- Seminar speaker, AdONE: Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy, Technical University of Munich, February 8, 2021.
Link to my department profile.